The Young Greens of PEI (YGP) is an identity-based caucus of the Green Party of Prince Edward Island. It obtained official status in the party through the approval of its Charter in June, 2019, although Young Greens activities have taken place since 2018.
Any Green Party of PEI member 35 years old or younger is automatically considered a member of the YGP and is eligible to vote in its elections and Annual General Meetings. The YGP welcomes all youth, regardless of party membership or affiliation, to take part in its activities.
The fundamental purposes of the Young Greens of PEI are to:
- advocate for policies that are of particular interest to youth;
- provide a conduit for youth to have input to policy priorities;
- encourage youth engagement with the party through becoming members and volunteers of GPPEI;
- serve as a liaison between youth and the other parts of the GPPEI and other groups;
- coordinate activities for its members;
- encourage the political engagement of secondary and post-secondary students and provide them with educational opportunities and leadership roles;
- promote youth voter turnout.
The Young Greens of PEI has an elected executive team, as listed below:
- Kali Ross, Interim Chair - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nouhad Mourad, Vice Chair - contact email@example.com
- Sam White, Policy Chair - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Orford, Youth Membership Chair - contact email@example.com
- Gabe Carter-Caseley, Pre-Voting Age Membership Chair - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lyndsay Charlton, Communications Chair - contact email@example.com
- Indra Love-Johnson, Administrative Chair - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vacant, Finance Chair - contact email@example.com if interested in the position
- Vacant, Events Chair - contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in the position
Please sign up below to join the Young Greens of PEI mailing list and be informed of YGP events and activities. You can also follow the YGP on Facebook.
We will be hosting the next Executive Election at the end of August 2020. All positions are open and nominations will be accepted until August 10th. To submit your nomination, fill out this form. Please send any questions to email@example.com or click here for more information.
You will have the opportunity to opt for a GPPEI membership following your donation.