You are invited to participate in the founding meeting for a new Green Party of PEI Regional Association for Districts 21 (Summerside-Wilmot) and 23 (Tyne Valley-Sherbrooke)!
Light refreshments will be provided. Children are welcome, or please see our Childcare Policies for more information about how we might be able to help you with childcare if you need it in order to be able to participate in the meeting.
This is a great opportunity to meet other Greens near you!
What is a Regional Association (RA)?
A Regional Association (RA) is a primary local organizing unit of the Green Party of Prince Edward Island - it plays the same roles as an Electoral District Association (EDA), but includes more than one district (21 and 23 in this case). EDAs and RAs play a critical role in activities like local community outreach, fundraising, and selecting and supporting candidates in elections. A strong EDA or RA will lay the groundwork for the successful election of Green MLAs in your area.
What happens at the formation meeting, and how can I get involved?
At the formation meeting, the most important order of business will be the election of the Coordinating Team. You must have a GPPEI membership in good standing and for at least 30 days on July 23rd, 2019 in order to vote or run for a position on the Coordinating Team. You can check your membership status here: http://www.greenparty.pe.ca/members_area (note that you’ll need to create a login if you haven’t already), or by writing to [email protected].
All GPPEI members of D21 and D23 in good standing are invited to seek election to the Coordinating Team; the roles and duties are listed below (and don’t worry - you’ll receive training and support to help you succeed in any role you take on!). If you wish to nominate yourself for a role on the Coordinating Team, please send an email to [email protected] including your name and the position you are interested in seeking together with a short bio and a paragraph describing why you are seeking the role you have nominated yourself for no later than Wednesday, June 26, 2019.
- Act as chair/facilitator of RA meetings (but may share/delegate this role with other Coordinating Team members).
- Coordinate and coaching the activities of other Coordinating Team members and committees
- Ensure that the RA fulfills its duties towards its membership (for example, by organizing required general meetings and elections) and towards the party (eg. reporting requirements).
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the RA
- Promote membership and involvement in the RA, continually planning for succession within the Coordinating Team by identifying and fostering new leaders and talents.
- Other duties as determined together with the rest of the Coordinating Team to help advance the association’s objectives.
- Financial Coordinator
- Monitor RA funds through its Virtual Account.
- Authorize RA expenditures.
- Submit donations received and expenses incurred to the party for deposit/reimbursement.
- Ensure that donations accepted and expenditures made by the RA on the Party’s behalf are in compliance with both Elections PEI and GPPEI rules.
- Supervise RA fundraising activities.
- Communications Coordinator
- Ensure that the RA webpage (on the main Party website) is up-to-date, including submitting RA events to the Party’s Events Calendar.
- Draft and send email correspondence to RA members as needed.
- Have principal responsibility for management of any other communications channels used by the RA (social media accounts, email groups, etc)
- Ensure that proper GPPEI branding and communications guidelines are adhered to in all RA communications and materials.
- Data Coordinator
- Ensure that all supporter and member contact information is entered and kept up to date in the database
- Support other Coordinating Team members in their work by providing access to membership data as required.
NOTE: The above four roles are the minimum required to be filled for an RA to be founded, and are the only ones to be elected. However the Coordinating Team may also create and appoint other roles on the RA and will need YOUR help to accomplish the RA’s important local missions, so we hope you’ll get involved even if you don’t seek one of the four core roles on the Coordinating Team.
Please feel free to send questions or concerns to [email protected].
27004 Sherbrooke Rd
Summerside, PE C1N
Google map and directions