All are welcome at our General Meeting (GM), to be held at the Park Royal United Church, 11 Christie Dr. in Charlottetown, on Saturday, January 20, 2018. (Storm date of January 27)
The GM and potluck are open to the public, as well as to members old and new. If you have been a party member since before December 20, 2017 you will be eligible to vote at the meeting. We will have childcare on site (please contact Sarah and email@example.com to let us know how many and what ages of children you will be bringing), and a potluck meal following the business part of the meeting.
Do you need or can you offer a ride to this meeting? Or just prefer to carpool with others if possible? Please fill out this form and we'll do out best to match you: https://goo.gl/forms/GDMpQex4f30lFvT43
Check your membership status, and find relevant documents for the meeting, here (you will need to log in to the website to access): www.greenparty.pe.ca/members_area
Business at the general meeting will include:
- An address from Party Leader Peter Bevan Baker, our new Green MLA Hannah Bell, and members of our Shadow Cabinet.
- A report on the party's progress against our Strategic Plan, including fundraising and membership growth. (Hint: we've exceeded most of our expectations by a mile!)
- A report on the historic byelection campaign in District 21.
- Discussion and votes on:
- Updates to our Constitution and Bylaws. (See the members area on the website for details!)
Elections of a Treasurer and Kings County Representative, for 2 year terms on the Green Party of PEI Provincial Council. The following nominations have been received. See the end of this email, or the members area, for their nomination statements.
- Treasurer: Sue Whitaker
- Kings County Representative: Kyle MacDonald
- Reporting on our planned next steps for party development, including:
- a re-development of our Strategic Plan to shift a higher gear, so that we can truly fulfill our vision and mission of Greening PEI's politics.
- development of Candidate nomination processes.
- our next steps on election readiness and establishment of Electoral District Associations.
- 4pm-4:30pm: Arrival and registration
- 4:30pm: Meeting called to order
- 6:30pm: Meeting ends, potluck begins
- 7:30pm: Those who'd like to keep socializing invited to congregate at a local establishment TBD.
11 Christie Dr
Charlottetown, PE C1A 5W6
Google map and directions